Thursday, October 29, 2009

BRIAN PALMU

Brian Palmu for DESK SPACE

DESK SPACE Who (a one-liner or a bio)?

BRIAN PALMU Brian Palmu, gambler, poetry book reviewer.

DS When did you start writing, publish your first review/poem/book (or when are you publishing your next)?

BP My first prose fiction stylings began at 8 or 9, sports reporting humour; I composed and proffered a quaintly racy ballad sans refrain to a high school sweet heart (and other) throb; my second poetic entry rudely sprouted in 1979, and, undaunted, I’ve continued to write bad verse ever since. My first reviews were published by Canadian Notes & Queries earlier this year.

DS Where do you write (at your desk/outside/in bed)?

BP At the kitchen table, in bed, at the beach, in my head upon awakening.

DS Why do you work where you do (at your desk because it is a quiet space/outside b/c it helps you think/in the park b/c you can smoke, etc)?

BP My work entails cat-on-mouse concentration on the computer for six plus hours a day, so, when writing, I prefer another location so’s to become better acquainted with the rest of the house.

DS What are you working on now?

BP Two essays of political satire; three poetry book reviews for Canadian Notes & Queries; an arrangement of twenty or so of my own verses, voiced as a CD in collaboration with Sacha Fassaert’s jazz guitar; and organization of a reading in Gibsons, BC, Nov 14, for poets Peter Trower, Heather Haley, and Lyle Neff.

1 comment:

Nico said...

Holy cow...the monitor! Poor Brian!