Thursday, September 18, 2008

LEAH HAYES



Leah Hayes for DESK SPACE

DESK SPACE Who?

LEAH HAYES I'm an illustrator living in New York and I draw comics. I like to play music with friends and I like to teach kids how to make cartoons. I have a twin sister, and I love my computer.

DS When did you start writing, publish your first book (or when are you publishing your next)?

LH I started writing my first book in college senior year, during class. I had a wonderful teacher named Frank Olinsky who inspired me very much, and he also allowed me to doodle in class. I wrote a book of my doodles, basically, and sent them to Fantagraphics.

My second book came out 2 years later, and hopefully my next one will not take as long!

DS Where do you write (at your desk/outside/in bed)?

LH I write in my house, in various places. I work from home, and for a while I would write at restaurants. I made a lot of weird friends that way.

DS What are you working on now?

LH I'm working on my next book, and I'm getting things together to write a children's book. I'm working on some record covers for friends, as well. And my next album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funeral of the Heart is such a beautiful book! I am looking forward to the next one.