Thursday, May 14, 2009

STEVE MARKLE

I like to write in crowded spaces. Last night I jotted down some ideas at the Dresden in Los Angeles, shown here.

Steve Markle for DESK SPACE

DESK SPACE When did you start becoming interested in film or when did you make your first film?

STEVE MARKLE I made my first short film at age ten. Used stop motion animation to bring a shoe to life. Called the film "Shoe Business".

DS Where do you write or come up with ideas for your work (at your desk/outside/in bed)?

SM I move from one spot to another. A few hours at a diner, then to a coffee shop, then a hotel lobby. If there are no cute girls, I'll move to the next location.

DS Why do you work where you do (at your desk because it is a quiet space/outside b/c it helps you think/in the park b/c you can smoke, etc)?

SM I prefer working in a crowded space. The din of the room helps me concentrate on my work. I hate silence.


DS
What are you working on now?

SM I've got a few TV and film projects in the works. I can't tell you about them because I don't want you stealing my killer ideas.

No comments: