Sunday, September 14, 2008

CLAIRE CAMERON


(Click on image to see Claire Cameron's desk notes! It includes some annotations, which Cameron also does for the notebook pages she has up on her website)

Claire Cameron for DESK SPACE


DESK SPACE Who (a 'witty' one-liner or a bio)?

CLAIRE CAMERON
Claire Cameron a barefoot and pregnant writer living in Toronto.

DS When did you start writing, publish your first book (or when are you publishing your next)?

CC My first novel, The Line Painter, was published by HarperCollins last year.

DS Where do you write (at your desk/outside/in bed)?

CC At my desk. I am 8+ months pregnant at the moment, so I have a series of three chairs that I rotate through while I'm writing. The arse, you see, gets quite sore.

DS Why you work where you do (at you desk because it is a quiet space/outside b/c it helps you think or in the park b/c you can smoke)?

CC I write at my desk, because I have notebooks post-it's, reference books and scribbles all around my computer that I might need to reference at any time (though rarely do). I had a vision of myself writing in a coffee shop, but I can't. Too many distractions.

DS What are you working on now?

CC My second novel, which might be called Truth & Beauty in Beijing -- or possibly not.

1 comment:

Tish Cohen said...

Hey Claire,
I, too, have an anti-toddler device. I call it my anti-sixteen-year-old device. Only it's meant for jackhammer users and is probably malforming my head.

Happy gestating!