Thursday, January 29, 2009

JON PAUL FIORENTINO



Jon Paul Fiorentino for DESK SPACE

DESK SPACE Who (one-liner or bio)?

JON PAUL FIORENTINO I wrote a novel, Stripmalling, which will be out in the Spring of 2009. I teach writing at Concordia University and I edit Matrix magazine. So, you know, I pretty much have it all.



DS When did you start writing, publish your first book or when are you publishing your next?

JPF I started writing when I was a kid. But I started taking it seriously when I was around 17 and I realized it was the only thing I was good at. I published some embarrassing juvenilia, but I am still very proud of Transcona Fragments. I published that in 2002, when I was 25 and very wheezy.

DS Where do you write (at your desk/outside/in bed)?

JPF The desk at home. I spend a lot of time writing and crying in my office at Concordia University too. The laptop on my desk has a cracked screen but it's still working, and I wrote The Theory of the Loser Class and Stripmalling on it. So it will be going into the National Archives soon.



DS What are you working on now?

JPF Stripmalling will be out in the early spring. Mentholism, my next book of poetry, will be out in 2010.

No comments: