Tuesday, September 30, 2008

DAVID MCGIMPSEY

David McGimpsey for DESK SPACE



I picked up this desk when I lived in Halifax when I was completing my doctorate at Dalhousie University. It's a banker's desk which was originally stored in the basement of Entitlement Books on Barrington Street. The desk took up more than half the space of my little study room in my apartment at the time but I loved its hugeness and sturdiness - the way it could support shelves and a TV! It's kind of a classic anti-IKEA type desk. It's been my main workplace ever since: the physical center of my work life and a spiffy place to put my Colonel Sanders piggy bank.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er, is that my complicated story, still unread, poking out from the corner marked "Trash"?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have alot of Mad magazines!

Keith Francis said...

Great desk!

I called that 1-800 number on the tv screen and said that I was referred by David McGimpsey and someone yelled at me saying "no - we didn't know there was a syntax error in our ad - quit harrassing us!"

Juding from your placement of items I have concluded that you value Bozo more than Gun Digest, Jesus more than Starbucks, Mr. Ed more than 30 Rock, the Partridge kids more than Jar-Jar Binks, the Brady's more than Hogan's Heroes and the Mac more than Colonel Sanders