Thursday, September 25, 2008

ANDREW PYPER



Andrew Pyper for DESK SPACE

DESK SPACE Who (a witty one-liner or a bio)?

ANDREW PYPER I'm a novelist who (obviously) doesn't care about the conditions of where he works.

DS When did you start writing, publish your first book or when are you publishing your next?

AP
My first book was a collection of stories, Kiss Me, published in 1996. (God, that sounds like a long time ago).

DS Where do you write (at your desk/outside/in bed)?

AP I work in my basement, at a crappy, "temporary" desk I've been using for seven years. I deserve better, I think - but I'd rather be working than shopping for new office furniture or tidying.

DS Why do you work where you do (at you desk because it is a quiet space/outside b/c it helps you think/in the park b/c you can smoke, etc)?

AP I work at home, in the basement, because it's close, and because it's so ugly here nobody wants to come down to disturb me

No comments: