Sunday, September 28, 2008

ZOE WHITTALL



DESK SPACE Who?

ZOE WHITTALL Zoe Whittall, novelist, poet, unicorn.

DS When did you start writing, publish your first book or when are you publishing your next?

ZW Started writing at 18. Published at 25. Fourth book, Precordial Thump, out in October 08.

DS Where do you write?

ZW At cafes in my neighbourhood, or lately, in the blue chair featured in the photograph.



DS Why do you work where you do?

ZW Right now, I am broke so can't spend tons of cash in a cafe with my laptop, so I've made myself comfortable in this cozy corner. It's a quiet spot, close enough to the coffee maker, far enough from the TV with fairly inconsistent cell reception so I can avoid my text-addiction.



DS What are you working on now?

ZW Final substantive edits on a new novel, copyedits on the poetry book, a book review, homework, my resume and to-do list.

4 comments:

Paul Vermeersch said...

So far, only two entries feature desk spaces with cats in the vicinity. Mine and Zoe's. I'd like to see more desk spaces that feature cats.

Evie Christie said...

Brenda Schmidt also mentioned something about cats and desks on her blog, Alone on a Boreal Stage awhile ago.

Paul Vermeersch said...

But no pictures!

Evie Christie said...

Yeah, pictures--cats as they would be found in Dani Couture's Animal Effigy...

"I did notice right away that my desk space and Evie's both have a cat to the left of the monitor. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for cats on Desk Space from here on." --from Brenda Schmidt's blog, Alone on A Boreal Stage